Sunday 16 December 2007

Remi’s resolve

Remi’s resolve
by Remigius de Souza

The metropolis of my mind is a space
of inward–outward–tray. The messages
flutter, ricochet from high-rise walls;
walls, walls everywhere, reverberate,
echo, send tremors of heat and noise.

I wander in my attire made of rags
of politics, of dogmas, of crafty arts,
to find some peace – place – of cool waters
and soothing foliage, in vain. Desolate
Remi wonders, was I born like this?

There’s no way than to shed your skin sooner.
and be on your feet than head better.

(In the modern civilized wilderness either
you laugh at yourself or be a buffoon!)

Copyright © Remigius de Souza 2007

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Remigius de Souza
Post Mail: 69-243 S. B. Marg, Mumbai 400028, INDIA
My poetry homepage:
www.poetsindia.com/poet/Remigius+de+souza/

No comments:

Post a Comment